Highly motivated, analytical and creative professional with broad-based experience and skill sets across digital marketing, market research, analytics, strategy formulation, sales, education, and project management. I have also worked with non-profit organizations on issues like equity in , economic, and racial justice. Specializing in both qualitative and quantitative research, my greatest passion in my work is bringing together these two methodologies to tell an insightful, impactful story that creates a better audience engagement experience. My personal philosophy includes a bias toward action and creating results, always driving insights through data.
Consultant - Accenture
Oct 2018 - present
Current Project Client: Major Global Digital Media Companies
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Sales to identify solutions to clear product confusions and resolve technical issues that blocks millions of ad spend
- Analyze customer experience and deliver summary analyses of product performance to ensure product priorities are research-driven and accommodate short-term and long-term goals
- Extensive analyses & research to produce effective internal documentation that explains the technical complexity of the advertising algorithm of Facebook geared towards internal non-technical readers
- Create, maintain, and update various training manuals, PowerPoints and dashboards to reflect ongoing Advertising projects and product updates.
- Consultant certification in Data-Driven Consulting in partnership with Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
- Accenture-INSEAD Online Strategy Certification Programme in Business Strategy
Account Development Manager - Veem
First ADM hire to scale Veem's global network in APAC by relationship building, up-selling, developing and maintaining an account plan to foster retention and drive growth.
Account Executive - Yelp
2016 - 2017
Responsible for full sales cycles to secure partnerships with key accounts across the US: vetting, cold calling, pitching, and closing businesses.
Research Assistant - Purdue University
2015 - 2016
Analyzed a portfolio of case studies and data using case-control regression on the subjects of self-efficacy, digital divide and usage/knowledge gap in the mass media context.
Graduate Student Instructor/Lecturer
2014 - 2016
- Stand-alone instructor of COM114 for four consecutive semesters: Fundamentals of Speech Communication.
- Trained undergraduate students from all academic disciplines to communicate complex information to a general audience to inform, persuade and instruct.
- Managed communications with and provided detailed verbal and written feedback to over 200 students throughout two academic years, average class size: 25 students per section, two sections
Correlation, Random Projection, Distance-based Metrics, Cluster Analysis, Customer Segmentation, Regression Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Co-joint Analysis, Multivariate Regression, Logistic Regression, A/B Testing, Customer Segmentation & Lifetime Value
Survey Design, Focus Group, Interview, Ethnography, Causal Research
SAS, R, SQL, SPSS, Advanced Excel (Formulas, Functions & Pivot Table), Google Analytics (Certified), Google Adwords (Certified), Tableau, Facebook Audience Insight, Google Analytics, Mintel, Forrester
English (Native or Bilingual Proficiency)
Chinese Mandarin (Native or Bilingual Proficiency)
Chinese Cantonese (Native or Bilingual Proficiency)
Northwestern University. M.S. Marketing Analytics, Integrated Marketing Communications
2018 - 2020
This program focuses on using an analytical approach, rigorous research, emerging technologies,
and creative and compelling content to meet today's marketing challenges.
Core Courses: IMC Strategic Process, Statistics and Marketing Research, Analytic Techniques, Marketing Management, Media Automation, Consumer Insights, Investor Relations, Financial Accounting, Marketing Mix Analysis, Customer Value Innovation
Purdue University. M.S. Public Relations and Strategic Communications (major), Business Administration Management (minor)
2014 - 2016
Honors: Full tuition merit scholarship and teaching assistantship for graduate study
Krannert School MBA coursework: Marketing Management, Organizational Behavior, Leadership, Negotiations/Industrial Relations, Talent Management of Gender and Diversity in Business
Core Courses: Rhetoric Approach to Issue Management, Crisis Communication, Global Public Relations, Informational Gathering and Statistics, Computational Research Methods, Descriptive and Experimental Research, Qualitative Methods in Technology Studies
Shenzhen University. B.A. English Language and Literature
2009 - 2013
Marketing Lead - Minds Matter San Francisco
2018 - 2020
Minds Matter San Francisco (MMSF) is a volunteer-run, education non-profit that provides highly motivated, low-income students with access to strong mentors, instructors and leaders, who help broaden their dreams and prepare them for college and beyond.
I own the organization’s social media marketing channels and lead the organization in the strategic brand development and production of digital marketing content materials, with the goal of expanding and deepening relationships with the organization’s key audiences, including students, mentors, educators, donors and thought leaders in the field.